Mosaic "Doodles" workshop with Donna Van Hooser - Jan. 20-21, 2024
Scroll down to see more details about
the workshop, instructor and cancellation policy.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE:
Pay in Full or
use coupon code: DEPOSIT to pay 50% deposit
Mosaic "Doodle" workshop (2-day class) with Donna Van Hooser
Date: January 20-21, 2024 - Saturday & Sunday
Skill Level: all levels welcome
Hours: 10am – 5pm with a lunch break
Materials included: All materials included
Minimum # of students: 4
Description: In this workshop we will be making small framed mosaic “doodle” using a wide variety of materials, including Italian and Mexican smalti, stone, ceramic pieces, millefiore, and hand made Wasser glass “smalti”. The mosaic area in the frame is 4 1/4 inch square.
We will explore creating non-restrictive compositions, using the materials to inspire and influence direction. Instruction will include cutting techniques, proper mixing and use of adhesives, and how to use andamento and color to create the mosaic.
All materials and frames/substrates are included, but students are welcome to bring any additional elements to personalize their mosaic. We will be using thin set as an adhesive, and colorants will be available for tinting.
Click here to see Donna's Featured Artist article!
About the Instructor: Donna Van Hooser
I love working in mosaic, especially dealing with the challenges and limitations of the materials. The glass must be carefully chosen from a limited palette, since colors cannot be mixed, and each piece must serve as an individual brush stroke working in harmony with the surrounding pieces.
- 50% deposit is required to hold your space in the class or workshop.
- Balance due 14 days before class or workshop date.
- Full Refund - 30 days prior to the class or workshop minus a $50 processing fee.
- Full Refund if class or workshop is canceled.
- No Refunds - within 30 days of the class or workshop unless we can fill your space minus a $50 processing fee.
- No Refunds - within 7 days of the class or workshop.